|I am awesome. I am fuzzy. Therefore fuzzy = awesome so
I’m going to sleep on your sweaters.
1. We have two cats. I have a theory that they prefer to sleep on fuzzy surfaces due to narcissism and the transitive property. “I’ve been awake for 20 straight minutes judging everything and am in desperate need of a 4 hour nap. I am a cat. I am fuzzy. I am awesome. This newly dry cleaned sweater is fuzzy. Therefore it too must be awesome and is worthy of being graced by my awesome fuzzy presence.”
2. One time I was visiting family in Namibia and got trapped in a tent by a hippo. Bonus fun facts: hippos are can run up to 20 miles an hour on land and have a reputation for being assholes. Depressingly I have not been able to make this experience into a good cocktail party anecdote. Somehow “stuff that trapped you tents” never comes up organically in conversation.
3. My husband and I disagree on guns. I am in the “Wayne LaPierre sounds a leeeeetle crazy, no?” camp. He was an NRA member for years but cancelled his membership because “those assholes kept sending me all this *&^%/! mail.” So I guess neither of us are big NRA fans but for different reasons.
4. We sit down to dinner as a family pretty much every night but it’s rarely at our actual dining table. When we sit in chairs we all end up squirming around like toddlers in a fancy restaurant and eat as fast as we can so we can get up and be not-at the table any more. So I had my husband make a coffee table the height of a Japanese dining table. Now we sit on pillows on the floor and have long, relaxed dinners around our coffee table.
5. We haven’t had a family picture taken in over a year. I should probably do something about that…
What about you? Share a random fact!
Trying something new today and linking up with Mama Kat’s Pretty Much World Famous Writing Workshop. You should check it out!