What I learned from the Superbowl:
1. Sports broadcasters sound like kids in the back of the car when they’re trying to cover an unexpected 34 minute break. “Are the lights back on yet?” “No.” “How long?” “10 mins.” “How long now?” “Still 10 mins.” “Do we have any word about how long it will be?” “OH. MY. GOD. STOP TALKING.”
2. Speaking of professional broadcasters, they can apparently go on about “the lights going out in the Super Dome” for *hours* and somehow miss the Katrina connection.
3. CBS is America’s most watched network: America, you’ve got a lot of explaining to do.
4. The product you’re advertising need have no relation to the content of your commercial. Longevity and Taco Bell. Extra gross sexism and domain name providers. Boobs and everything.
5. ::: grumble, grumble ::: Good game, Ravens.
6. My daughter now thinks “Wow?! That’s still a show?!” is football talk along the lines of “3rd and goal” or “Flag on the play.”
What did you learn? Share your wisdom and epiphanies!